It's been a strange day. Strange but good. I rose expecting a quiet day ahead. As I was contemplating breakfast Gaz Skyped to ask if I could pop out to the house site and see the chap who's doing the foundations and get some information. No bother at all. I'd just arranged to have coffee in town with a friend so it all fitted in well. During my driving and whilst doing various other tasks today I wrote a dozen Thankful Thursday posts. Can I think of a single one as I come to commit thoughts to paper (well to the ether actually)? No. So being thankful for having a good memory isn't one of them I guess. In fact I've always had a really terrible memory. Bummer really. What was I saying? Oh yes. Thankful Thursday.
Did you know that King James IV is reputed to have believed that children were born with a 'natural' language? To find out he had two newly born children brought up in isolation on a remote Island with a dumb nursemaid. I have no idea what the outcome was although I think we can safely assume that the children didn't grow up speaking Scots. Kink James' native language was, I believe, Scots, although he also spoke Latin, very well and French, German, Flemish, Italian, and Spanish fluently. It was rather a tragedy that such a monarch - probably the best of the Stuart line - should have seen the defeat of his nation to the English at the Battle of Flodden 500 years ago.
Well so far I'm not doing very well. Perhaps if I wait until tomorrow the ideas will return. Then again.... Did you know that the following are the International Holidays for this month?
| Sep 08 | International Literacy Day |
| Sep 13 | International Chocolate Day |
| Sep 15 | Software Freedom Day |
| Sep 16 | International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer |
| Sep 19 | Talk Like a Pirate Day |
| Sep 21 | World Gratitude Day |
| Sep 22 | World Car-Free Day |
| Sep 29 | Inventors Day |
No? Nor did I. You'll notice that September 21 is World Gratitude Day. They've stolen your idea Jaz.
Me? I'm just thankful that I've managed to get through Thursday unscathed. Well, assuming nothing untoward happens in the next 1 hour 50 minutes..

0 Yorumlar