Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WALL-E's Credits


I finally managed to catch up with Pixar's latest magical entry into the world of animated films - WALL-E. I may be late to the party, but I'm no less enthusiastic about it.

Possibly more...Several scribes have mentioned that they wish the entire film was like the first 30-35 minutes (which all take place on Earth without a stitch of dialogue) and that things aren't quite as great once more characters join the fray. I can see where they're going with that - a 90 minute animated film with two non-verbal characters would be extremely interesting and Pixar could indeed pull it off. But I love what we get here...The humans are certainly the least interesting characters of the bunch, but they do still provide a great deal of humour and some good action scenes (e.g. the captain's battle with Auto). And without WALL-E and Eva rendezvous-ing with the main ship, we wouldn't have met all the other great robots. The focus remains those two, but the outer edges of the film are nicely packed with all the rest.

Though I gave up reading the reviews awhile back (they were overwhelmingly glowing), I don't think I saw anyone mention the great end titles sequence. I suppose there's some spoiler issues with doing that, so stop now if you haven't seen the film...

The credits show the humans rebuilding their ways of life and re-learning pretty much everything - from creating fire to building structures - though this time with the help of robots. The most striking portion, however, was just before the crawl of names when we get a short sequence of a few beautifully rendered scenes (mapping to the styles of some famous artists) to show that the humans have re-learned the importance of art:


WALL-E

"The Fighting Teremaire Tugged To Her Last Berth To Be Broken Up"
J.M.W. Turner (1838)



WALL-E

The Seine At Le Grande Jatte
Georges Seurat (1888)



WALL-E

WALL-E

Olive Trees with the Alpilles in the Background
Vincent Van Gogh (1889)

Wheat Field With Cypresses
Vincent Van Gogh (1889)



An absolutely wonderful and perfect end to a glorious film.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar