Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

HOW TO GET: The new Pat McGrath glitter kits for less

So the new Pat McGrath stuff is upon us.


While I believe that if you are in the market for spending on cosmetics and have access to this then you should be all means go for it. However, if you are in the market for cosmetics but don't have the dollar for it (as this new glitter lip kit will be priced at $150) then there are plenty of rip offs that you can fake.....as I'm going to show you!

But first the low down on the new kit is that there are three different colour variations and the collection is labelled 004 LUST EVERYTHING KIT. It will consist of six matte lipsticks, a metallic gold pigment and three glitter shades. There is an alternative to the $150 price tag though, the items will be sold individually at $25 each later on and also there is a five piece kit for $60. It is the same with the other McGrath kits, you can play around to achieve different effects such as glossy, glittery or matte. The kits will not reach fever pitch until September though when they are being released in Sephora.

So how can you 'get the look' for a lot less?

Simple, know your products!

There are so many different brands out there that deal with glitter and mixing mediums. My favorite brands for glitter include LIT cosmetics and MAC. I use MAC all the time as they are easier to get hold of in the UK and LIT don't sell here.

 The red below is a glitter from LIT. I like how the brand organise their glitter in terms of sizes. If you are not using around the eye area then you can go as chunky as you like. The finer the glitter the less impact on the lips I think!
 LIT have an amazing range of colors so you can easily find something to mimic the colours of the McGrath kit.
 MAC also have a serious glitter collection. Although they do one size which is not safe for use around the eyes. I use it on my own eyes but I've decided I'm okay with it and I've never had an issue. However someone else might so always play it safe with glitter. I know there are quite a few brands that work with glitter but those are my favorite two.

I would suggest to you to 'cheat' slightly by placing a base coat down. This means a solid colour before you load on glitter. If you just apply glitter then it can look very patchy but placing an eyeshadow down means it gives the impression of a more solid colour instead. I use this trick with my lips too. So place your lipstick down first.

You will need something to stick the glitter onto. I LOVE MAC lip mix for this. I use their mixing mediums everywhere. I have the lash mixing medium for sticking glitter to my eyeballs and their lip mix in clear for lips. It sticks, isn't tacky and holds the glitter on well. Perfect.

Sadly the mix is only available from PRO stores so you have to really search for it or go to London to get access.

 Press the mixing medium over your lipstick then place the glitter on top. It takes a few minutes to dry but works incredibly well.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar